Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Forbidden



When someone tells me I'm not allowed to take a picture, I tend to take it as an affront and a challenge. I haven't looked into the actual legality of the situation yet, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with photographing the former TWA Terminal at JFK (above) as I tried to
do before I was waved down, or in the various stores, museums, and establishments who routinely tell you, "Photography is not allowed". With the advent of tiny digital cameras and cell phone cameras it's pretty hard to stop it anyway, but here are some samples of my recent surreptitious camera work.


This from Juicy Couture in Beverly Hills, after they would not sell my daughter the bathing suit on the display dummy.


This from the revelatory August Sander show at The Getty, about which more later. The title for this is "The Photographer after a Nap"!


This from Katsuya - a fantastic Philippe Starck designed restaurant in Brentwood. The tricky thing here was that Robert Downey Jr. was sitting at a table to the left of the frame and I was trying to get the graphic on the wall while respecting his privacy as a diner!

No comments: