Sunday, May 4, 2008

Think Pink



Here's a promise: this will be the last pot on cherry blossoms for at least a year, but biking through Central Park this weekend with camera in pocket, this tree was hard to resist. To me the most beautiful moment of the cherry blossom cycle is when the petals fall and the grass is carpeted in pink before the petals start to turn brown. I was the only person recording this when I started, but within minutes as the picture shows, it was becoming a hot location and I realized that pictures of people taking pictures of other people underneath the cherry blossoms was a lot more interesting than just the blossoms themselves! I love the demurely posing pair in the middle with their faces obscured and the guy on his back on the left. But as I have stated many times, however, I am not a photographer.

To prove this, look at two truly great pictures taken in Central Park by two truly great photographers. The first, by Tod Papageorge

No comments: